PORCELAIN VENEERS / DENTAL BONDING IN NH
Porcelain Veneers and Dental Bonding Correct a Variety of Tooth Problems, and Dr. Joseph Columbus, in Hudson NH, Can Build You a Better Smile Using Their Cosmetic Dentistry Skills
If you have good, strong teeth that just don’t look quite right for some reason, porcelain veneers and/or dental bonding are probably good options for you. When they’re done right, porcelain veneers and bonding look and feel like natural teeth and are extremely long lasting.
Veneers and bonding can be used to fix tooth problems that include:
- Discolored teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Uneven or misaligned teeth
- Under-sized / short teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Worn-down teeth
Porcelain veneers offer the ultimate in aesthetics. A veneer is a thin facing or covering that is bonded to your natural tooth structure. They are a much more conservative alternative to crowns (caps) that can give you the smile you have always dreamed of and deserve.
Porcelain veneers are top-of-the-line in cosmetic dentistry.
If your teeth are chipped, broken, or discolored, porcelain veneers are a great way to change their color and shape. Veneers can also be an alternative to braces for slight orthodontic problems, and provide a beautiful smile in a short amount of time. The results are simply gorgeous!
There different types and many different brands of veneers, and it’s important that the veneers you get are right for your particular situation. That’s why Dr. Joe Columbus takes extra care to assess your teeth and your dental history before recommending veneers.
Among the veneer materials commonly available today are:
- Feldspathic Porcelain: Also known as stacked porcelain, this is the original porcelain veneer material, “painted” on in layers that build up to the shape and color desired. They are a good option for small irregularities in the teeth, or for dramatic color changes
- Pressed Ceramics: This is the next generation of porcelain veneer material, made by curing the porcelain layers the under heat and extreme pressure, which is twice as strong and long lasting as feldspathic porcelain and allows for more subtle color nuances and luminosity, which make them more natural-looking.
- Lucite-Reinforced Ceramic: This is the type of veneer often advertised as “veneers in a day”, very thin (0.2mm, about like a contact lens), and very easy to apply, but not as durable nor able to disguise larger problems, gaps and dark discolorations. If your teeth are not in rough shape or badly discolored, and you’d just like a nice bright smile, these are a good choice.
- Lithium Disilicate: This material is quartz-based glass melt that is poured into a mold and cooled, then shaped into a veneer using CAD/CAM procedures. Lithium disilicate material has high edge strength, so it can be finished thinner with less chipping; and also has high translucency, for more lifelike aesthetics.
Dental bonding is among the easiest and least expensive cosmetic dental procedures, and is particularly well-suited to filling in cracks or chips, enlarging an undersized tooth, or changing the color of one or two discolored teeth.
Dr. Joe applies a tooth-colored composite resin (durable plastic) material to the surface of the tooth and then cures it with a visible blue light, which bonds it to the tooth. The resin is then shaped and polished to match the surrounding teeth.
For a better, brighter smile, dental bonding and porcelain veneers can hide many tooth problems, and Dr. Joseph Columbus has performed thousands of bonding and veneer applications for happy patients. Make an appointment to become one of them!